The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
Subchapter 001 : General Provisions(Cite as: 31 V.S.A. § 655)
§ 655. Duties of the Commissioner
(a) The State Lottery shall be under the immediate supervision and direction of the Commissioner of Liquor and Lottery.
(b) The Commissioner shall:
(1) Supervise and administer the operation of the Lottery within the rules adopted by the Board of Liquor and Lottery.
(2) Subject to the approval of the Board, enter into contracts necessary for the proper creation, administration, operation, modification, and promotion of the State Lottery or any part of the Lottery. These contracts shall not be assignable.
(3) License sales agents and suspend or revoke any license in accordance with the provisions of this chapter and the rules of the Board.
(4) Act as Secretary to the Board, but as a nonvoting member of the Board.
(5) Employ professional and secretarial staff as necessary to carry out the functions of the Division of the Lottery. 3 V.S.A. chapter 13 shall apply to employees of the Division.
(6) Annually prepare a budget and submit it to the Board.
(7) Subject to the approval of the Board, establish a user agreement with the Vermont Crime Information Center in accordance with 20 V.S.A. chapter 117 for the purpose of obtaining Vermont criminal history records, out-of-state criminal history records, and criminal history records from the Federal Bureau of Investigation to review applications of any sports wagering operator or for any Lottery sales agent license issued under this title. (Added 1977, No. 82, § 2, eff. April 27, 1977; amended 1987, No. 121, §§ 20, 21; 2018, No. 1 (Sp. Sess.), § 95; 2021, No. 177 (Adj. Sess.), § 38, eff. July 1, 2022; 2023, No. 63, § 3, eff. June 14, 2023.)