The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
Subchapter 005 : Examinations; Reports; Records(Cite as: 8 V.S.A. § 2534)
§ 2534. Records
In addition to the records required by section 2119 of this title, a licensee shall maintain records for determining the licensee’s compliance with this chapter. A licensee shall maintain its records for at least five years, which records shall include:
(1) a record of each payment instrument or prepaid access obligation sold;
(2) a general ledger posted at least monthly containing all asset, liability, capital, income, and expense accounts;
(3) bank statements and bank reconciliation records;
(4) records of outstanding payment instruments and prepaid access obligations;
(5) records of each payment instrument and prepaid access obligation paid within the five-year period;
(6) a list of the last known names and addresses of all of the licensee’s authorized delegates; and
(7) any other records the Commissioner requires by rule. (Added 2001, No. 55, § 1, eff. Jan. 1, 2002; amended 2019, No. 20, § 53.)