The Vermont Statutes Online
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
NOTE: The online version of the Vermont Statutes does NOT yet include the actions of the 2023 legislative session. The 2023 updates should be available by the end of October.
Subchapter 003 : HEALTH CARE SERVICES(Cite as: 33 V.S.A. § 7151)
§ 7151. Advanced practice registered nurse; scope of practice
Except to the extent prohibited under federal law for purposes of federal financial participation, a nursing home shall permit a licensed advanced practice registered nurse providing services at the nursing home to perform all services within the advanced practice registered nurse’s scope of practice, including:
(1) when providing primary care services, serving as the primary care provider of record;
(2) performing acts of medical diagnosis, including ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests and procedures;
(3) prescribing medications;
(4) prescribing medical, therapeutic, and corrective measures;
(5) initiating written and verbal orders to other health care providers; and
(6) managing and evaluating care. (Added 2017, No. 48, § 34, eff. May 23, 2017.)