The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 002 : REPORTING ABUSE OF CHILDREN(Cite as: 33 V.S.A. § 4922)
§ 4922. Rulemaking
(a) The Commissioner shall develop rules to implement this subchapter. These shall include:
(1) rules setting forth criteria for determining whether to conduct an assessment or an investigation;
(2) rules setting out procedures for assessment and service delivery;
(3) rules outlining procedures for investigations;
(4) rules for conducting the administrative review conference;
(5) rules regarding access to and maintenance of Department records of investigations, assessments, reviews, and responses; and
(6) rules regarding the tiered Registry as required by section 4916 of this title.
(b) The rules shall strike an appropriate balance between protecting children and respecting the rights of a parent or guardian, including a parent or guardian with disabilities, and shall recognize that persons with a disability can be successful parents. The rules shall include the possible use of adaptive equipment and supports.
(c) These rules shall be adopted no later than July 1, 2009. (Added 2007, No. 168 (Adj. Sess.), § 18.)