Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to subnav
Searching 2021-2022 Session

The Vermont Statutes Online


Title 33 : Human Services


(Cite as: 33 V.S.A. § 4304a)
  • § 4304a. Advisory Board

    (a) An advisory board is created to advise the Secretary of Education and the Commissioners of Mental Health and for Children and Families about children and adolescents with a severe emotional disturbance and their families.

    (b) The Advisory Board shall also advise the Secretary and the Commissioners on the development of the system of care plan described in subsection 4305(c) of this title.

    (c) The State interagency team shall recommend to the Governor a list of potential Board members. The Governor shall appoint from that list three parents of children or adolescents with a severe emotional disturbance, three advocates from organizations working on behalf of children and adolescents with a severe emotional disturbance, and three professionals in related fields or service organizations.

    (d) Members of the Board shall serve for a term of three years, beginning April 1 of the year of appointment or until their successors are appointed. Initially one-third of the members shall be appointed to one-year terms, one-third to two-year terms, and one-third to three-year terms. Thereafter, members shall be appointed for three-year terms.

    (e) The Board shall elect a chair from among its members. The Board shall meet annually at the call of the Chair, and other meetings may be called by the Chair at such times and places as the Chair deems necessary.

    (f) The members of the Board who are employees of the State shall receive no additional compensation for their services, but actual and necessary expenses shall be allowed State employees and shall be charged to their departments. The members of the Board who are not State employees shall receive compensation as provided in 32 V.S.A. § 1010, and that compensation shall be paid by the Agency of Human Services. (Added 1993, No. 203 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 1997, No. 147 (Adj. Sess.), § 138b; 1995, No. 174 (Adj. Sess.), § 3; 2013, No. 131 (Adj. Sess.), § 71, eff. May 20, 2014; 2015, No. 23, § 59.)