The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 005 : PRESCRIPTION DRUG COST CONTAINMENT(Cite as: 33 V.S.A. § 1997)
§ 1997. Definitions
As used in this subchapter:
(1) "Board" or "Drug Utilization Review Board" means the Drug Utilization Review Board established in connection with the Medicaid program.
(2) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Vermont Health Access.
(3) "Health benefit plan" means a health benefit plan with prescription drug coverage offered or administered by a health insurer, as defined by 18 V.S.A. § 9402, and the out-of-state counterparts to such plans. The term includes:
(A) any State public assistance program with a health benefit plan that provides coverage of prescription drugs;
(B) any health benefit plan offered by or on behalf of the State of Vermont or any instrumentality of the State providing coverage for government employees and their dependents that agrees to participate in the Program; and
(C) any insured or self-insured health benefit plan that agrees to participate in the Program.
(4) "Department" means the Department of Vermont Health Access.
(5) "Participating health benefit plan" means a health benefit plan that has agreed to participate in one or more components of the Pharmacy Best Practices and Cost Control Program.
(6) "Program" or "the Pharmacy Best Practices and Cost Control Program" means the Pharmacy Best Practices and Cost Control Program established by this subchapter.
(7) "State public assistance program" includes the Medicaid program, VPharm, the State Children's Health Insurance Program, the State of Vermont AIDS Medication Assistance Program, the General Assistance program, the Pharmacy Discount Plan Program, and the out-of-state counterparts to such programs. (Added 2001, No. 127 (Adj. Sess.), § 1, eff. June 13, 2002; amended 2005, No. 174 (Adj. Sess.), § 100; 2009, No. 156 (Adj. Sess.), § I.61; 2013, No. 79, § 25, eff. Jan. 1, 2014.)