The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
Subchapter 002 : Green Mountain Care(Cite as: 33 V.S.A. § 1829)
§ 1829. Green Mountain Care Fund
(a) The Green Mountain Care Fund is established in the State Treasury as a special fund to be the single source to finance health care coverage for Green Mountain Care.
(b) Into the Fund shall be deposited:
(1) transfers or appropriations from the General Fund, authorized by the General Assembly;
(2) if authorized by a waiver from federal law, federal funds for Medicaid, Medicare, and the Vermont Health Benefit Exchange established in chapter 18, subchapter 1 of this title; and
(3) the proceeds from grants, donations, contributions, taxes, and any other sources of revenue as may be provided by statute or by rule.
(c) The Fund shall be administered pursuant to 32 V.S.A. chapter 7, subchapter 5, except that interest earned on the Fund and any remaining balance shall be retained in the Fund. The Agency shall maintain records indicating the amount of money in the Fund at any time.
(d) All monies received by or generated to the Fund shall be used only for:
(1) the administration and delivery of health services covered by Green Mountain Care as provided in this subchapter; and
(2) expenses related to the duties and operation of the Green Mountain Care Board pursuant to 18 V.S.A. chapter 220. (Added 2011, No. 48, § 4.)