The Vermont Statutes Online
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
NOTE: The online version of the Vermont Statutes does NOT yet include the actions of the 2023 legislative session. The 2023 updates should be available by the end of October.
§ 901. Reimbursement objectives
Reimbursement rates for nursing homes shall reflect the following objectives:
(1) maintain an equitable and fair balance between cost containment and quality care in nursing homes;
(2) encourage nursing homes to admit persons without regard to their source of payment;
(3) provide an incentive to nursing homes to admit and provide care to persons in need of comparatively greater care;
(4) be manageable administratively for both the State and nursing homes; and
(5) prevent unnecessary cost increases. (Added 1989, No. 267 (Adj. Sess.), § 1, eff. July 1, 1991; amended 1995, No. 160 (Adj. Sess.), § 10.)