The Vermont Statutes Online
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
NOTE: The online version of the Vermont Statutes does NOT yet include the actions of the 2023 legislative session. The 2023 updates should be available by the end of October.
§ 502. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) “Adult foster care” means provision of 24-hour home care services for one or two adult persons with a disability in the residence of the person providing the home care services.
(2) “Americans with Disabilities Act” means the federal Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and regulations promulgated under the Act, as amended at any time.
(3) “Commissioner” means the Commissioner of Disabilities, Aging, and Independent Living.
(4) “Department” means the Department of Disabilities, Aging, and Independent Living.
(5) “Home care services” include room, board, safety services, household services, and any specialized services to meet the unique needs of the individual.
(6) “Older Americans Act” means the federal Older Americans Act of 1965 and regulations promulgated under the Act, as amended at any time.
(7) “Older persons” means individuals who have attained the age of 60 years.
(8) “Persons with disabilities” means individual Vermonters who have functional limitations by virtue of physical, psychiatric, cognitive, or psychological conditions.
(9) “Rehabilitation Act” means the federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and regulations promulgated under the Act, as amended at any time.
(10) “Social Security Act” means the federal Social Security Act and regulations promulgated under the Act, as amended at any time. (Added 1989, No. 219 (Adj. Sess.), § 3; amended 2005, No. 174 (Adj. Sess.), § 79; 2007, No. 37, § 1; 2013, No. 131 (Adj. Sess.), § 16, eff. May 20, 2014; 2021, No. 20, § 279.)