The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 002 : Vermont Employment Growth Incentive Program(Cite as: 32 V.S.A. § 3332)
§ 3332. Application; approval criteria
(1) A business may apply for an incentive in one or more years of an award period by submitting an application to the Council in the format the Council specifies for that purpose.
(2) For each award year the business applies for an incentive, the business shall:
(A) specify a payroll performance requirement;
(B) specify a jobs performance requirement or a capital investment performance requirement, or both; and
(C) provide any other information the Council requires to evaluate the application under this subchapter.
(b) Mandatory criteria. The Council shall not approve an application unless it finds:
(1) Except as otherwise provided for an enhanced incentive for a business in a qualifying labor market area under section 3334 of this title, the new revenue the proposed activity would generate to the State would exceed the costs of the activity to the State.
(2) The host municipality welcomes the new business.
(3) Pursuant to a self-certification or other documentation the Council requires by rule or procedure, the business attests to the best of its knowledge:
(A) the business is not a named party to an administrative order, consent decree, or judicial order issued by the State or a subdivision of the State, or if a named party, that the business is in compliance with the terms of such an order or decree;
(B) the business complies with applicable State laws and regulations; and
(C) the proposed economic activity would conform to applicable town and regional plans and with applicable State laws and regulations.
(4) If the business proposes to expand within a limited local market, an incentive would not give the business an unfair competitive advantage over other Vermont businesses in the same or similar line of business and in the same limited local market.
(5) But for the incentive, the proposed economic activity:
(A) would not occur; or
(B) would occur in a significantly different manner that is significantly less desirable to the State. (Added 2015, No. 157 (Adj. Sess.), § H.1, eff. Jan. 1, 2017; amended 2017, No. 69, § A.1, eff. June 28, 2017.)