The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 723a. Safety inspections
(a) A amusement ride shall not be operated in this State unless:
(1) The ride has been inspected in the State within the preceding 12 months by a person who is:
(i) by the National Association of Amusement Ride Safety Officials as a Level II Inspector; or
(ii) by the Amusement Industry Manufacturers and Suppliers International at a level that is equivalent to the certification pursuant to subdivision (i) of this subdivision (1)(A); and
(B) insured, including for liability; and
(C) not the owner or operator of the ride or an employee or agent of the owner or operator.
(2) The inspection complied with the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) current standard F770 concerning the practices for ownership, operation, maintenance, and inspection of amusement rides and devices.
(3) A valid certificate of operation has been issued for the ride pursuant to section 722 of this title.
(b) After a ride has been inspected pursuant to subsection (a) of this section:
(1) The owner or operator shall submit the certificate or other record of inspection to the Secretary of State within 15 business days following the date of inspection.
(2) An adhesive sticker, in a format to be determined by the Secretary of State, shall be affixed to the ride that indicates:
(A) the date and location the inspection was completed; and
(B) the name of the inspector.
(3) The owner or operator shall submit a certification, in a format to be determined by the Secretary of State, to the organization hosting a fair, field day, or other event or location, at which the owner or operator intends to operate a ride, stating that the ride has been inspected pursuant to subsection (a) of this section and stickers have been affixed pursuant to this subsection prior to the ride being used to carry or convey passengers.
(c) A ride shall be inspected for safety by the owner or operator:
(1) after the ride has been set up but before being used to carry or convey passengers; and
(2) every day thereafter that the ride is used to carry or convey passengers.
(d) The owner or operator of an amusement ride shall:
(1) keep records of all safety inspections;
(2) make those records available to the Secretary of State or the Office of the Attorney General promptly upon request;
(3) keep a paper or electronic copy of all required forms or certifications, and of all safety inspections conducted by the owner or operator during the preceding 12 months for each ride:
(A) on or near that ride; or
(B) at the office of the amusement ride operator; and
(4) operate, maintain, and inspect all rides in compliance with ASTM current standards for ownership, operation, maintenance, and inspection of amusement rides and devices. (Added 2017, No. 186 (Adj. Sess.), § 4, eff. July 1, 2019.)