The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 722. Certificate of operation
(a) An amusement ride may not be operated in this State unless the Secretary of State has issued a certificate of operation to the owner or operator within the preceding 12 months.
(b) An application for a certificate of operation shall be submitted to the Secretary of State not fewer than 30 business days before an amusement ride is operated in this State.
(c) The Secretary of State shall issue a certificate of operation not fewer than 15 business days before the amusement ride is operated in the State, if the owner or operator submits the following:
(1) Certificate of insurance in the amount of not less than $1,000,000.00 that insures both the owner and the operator against liability for injury to persons and property arising out of the use or operation of the amusement ride.
(2) Payment of a fee in the amount of $100.00.
(3) Proof or a statement of compliance with the requirements of 21 V.S.A. chapter 9.
(d) The certificate of operation shall be valid for one year from the date of issue and shall be in a manner and format to be prescribed by the Secretary of State. A certificate of operation shall identify the ride's:
(1) name and model;
(2) serial number;
(3) passenger capacity; and
(4) recommended maximum speed.
(e) A copy of the certificate of operation shall be kept at the office of the amusement ride operator.
(f) The Secretary of State shall:
(1) determine the manner and format of the certificate of operation, any forms to be used to apply for the certificate of operation, the adhesive sticker that shall be affixed to the ride pursuant to subdivision 723a(b)(2) of this title, and the certification to be filed pursuant to subdivision 723a(b)(3) of this title;
(2) make any forms and certifications available on the Secretary of State's website and shall provide adhesive stickers to inspectors;
(3) allow an owner or operator to apply for certificates of operation for multiple rides at one time, using one form;
(4) charge one fee for the filing of each application form, regardless of the number of rides listed on the application. (Added 1995, No. 117 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 2017, No. 186 (Adj. Sess.), § 3, eff. July 1, 2019.)