The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 002 : Tri-state Lotto Compact(Cite as: 31 V.S.A. § 673)
§ 673. General provisions- Article I
A. Statement of policy and purpose. This Compact is enacted to implement the operation of Tri-State Lotto, for the purpose of raising additional revenue for each of the party states. Tri-State Lotto is not intended to replace any existing lottery game in the party states, but, rather, to be run in addition to these games. Tri-State Lotto tickets will be sold in each of the party states and processed in a central area to be determined by the Commission. No less than 50 percent of the gross sales from each state will be aggregated in a common prize pool, and operating costs will be charged proportionally to the party states. The remaining revenues generated within each state will remain in that particular state.
1. "Tri-State Lotto" means a combined lotto game for all member states, with common tickets, common advertising and a common prize pool.
2. "Party states" means the states of New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine.
3. "Commission" means the Tri-State Lotto Commission created and established by this Compact.
4. "Concurrent legislation" means legislation enacted by one of the party states which is concurred in by the other party states in the form of enactments having like effect.
5. "Lotto" means a game of lotto as prescribed by the Commission. (Added 1985, No. 28, § 2; amended 2007, No. 65, § 297.)