The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
§ 8087. Centralized resources for communications union districts
(a) The Board shall provide centralized resources and technical and administrative support to communications union districts with respect to the planning, development, and implementation of broadband projects.
(b) In carrying out the purpose of this section, the Board shall:
(1) develop standardized forms, contracts, network business and design models, and templates for use by any communications union district;
(2) assist communications union districts with identifying and negotiating with potential partners, including with respect to the development of a memorandum of understanding or other form of legally-binding commitment pertaining to a broadband project;
(3) when authorized by one or more communications union districts, apply for grants, loans, permits, licenses, certificates, or approvals, or enter into contractual arrangements for goods or services on behalf of or jointly with a communications union district or districts;
(4) assist communications union districts with pursuing route identification for fiber-optic infrastructure and with obtaining pole surveys and negotiating pole attachments;
(5) assist communications union districts with completing grant and loan applications for funding opportunities that exist outside this chapter; and
(6) assist communications union districts with obtaining access to fiber-optic networks owned by the State or by an electric distribution utility, where appropriate. (Added 2021, No. 71, § 2, eff. June 8, 2021.)