The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 842. Training Safety Subcommittee; recommendations; Governance Committee report
(a) Subcommittee creation. There is created as a subcommittee of the Training Center Governance Committee the Training Safety Subcommittee to make recommendations regarding training safety at the Robert H. Wood, Jr. Criminal Justice and Fire Service Training Center of Vermont (Training Center).
(b) Subcommittee membership. The Subcommittee shall be composed of seven members.
(1) Four of these members shall be members of the Training Center Governance Committee, appointed by the Committee as follows:
(A) two shall represent the Vermont Police Academy; and
(B) two shall represent the Vermont Fire Academy.
(2) The remaining three members shall be as follows:
(A) the Commissioner of Labor or designee;
(B) the Risk Management Manager of the Office of Risk Management within the Agency of Administration; and
(C) one employee of the Vermont League of Cities and Towns who specializes in risk management, appointed by the Executive Director of the League.
(c) Subcommittee recommendations. The Subcommittee shall annually:
(1) on or before February 1, review the safety records of the Training Center; and
(2) on or before July 1, submit to the Training Center Governance Committee its recommendations regarding how training safety at the Training Center could be improved.
(d) Governance Committee review and report.
(1) The Training Center Governance Committee shall review and consider the recommendations made by the Subcommittee under subsection (c) of this section.
(2) Annually, on or before January 15, the Governance Committee shall report to the General Assembly regarding:
(A) any training safety issues it has discovered at the Training Center and any steps it has taken to remedy those issues; and
(B) whether the Governance Committee has instituted any of the Subcommittee's recommendations for training safety and if not, the reasons therefor.
(3) The provisions of 2 V.S.A. § 20(d) (expiration of required reports) shall not apply to the report required to be made under this subsection. (Added 2015, No. 118 (Adj. Sess.), § 12.)