The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 183. Review of plans
(1) No person shall commence construction on any structure on any plot or parcel within the Capitol Complex prior to approval of plans for such structure by the Capitol Complex Commission. For the purposes of this section "person" shall include the State of Vermont.
(2) Within 60 days after submission of tentative plans relating to the construction of any structure on any plot or parcel within the Capitol Complex, the Capitol Complex Commission shall approve such plans or suggest alterations or modifications relating to overall bulk, size, height, setback, parking requirements, landscaping, design continuity with other structures in the Capitol Complex, both private and public, and maintenance of the character of the Capitol Complex as a unique and historic district.
(3) In the event the Capitol Complex Commission suggests alterations or modifications in plans which will result in additional construction costs, the Commission may recommend to the Legislature, or to the Emergency Board if the Legislature is not then in session, payment to the developer of a sum of money in an amount not to exceed such additional costs. The amount and manner of such recommendation shall be matters within the sole discretion of the Commission, except that no such amount shall be recommended because of a claim of a reduction in the profitability or fair market value of a parcel structure or improvement arising out of an alteration or modification in design. The amount and manner of actual payment shall be matters within the discretion of the Legislature or Emergency Board. For purposes of this chapter, the Emergency Board may deem payments hereunder to be "unforeseen emergencies" within the meaning of 32 V.S.A. § 133.
(4) Acceptance of a modified plan or design by a developer shall constitute an undertaking that such altered or modified plan shall be faithfully carried out.
(5) The Capitol Complex Commission may adopt such rules and regulations to interpret and carry out the provisions of this chapter. Such rules and regulations shall be filed in accordance with the provisions of 3 V.S.A. § 847. (Added 1973, No. 269 (Adj. Sess.), § 17.)