The Vermont Statutes Online
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
NOTE: The online version of the Vermont Statutes does NOT yet include the actions of the 2023 legislative session. The 2023 updates should be available by the end of October.
§ 168a. Municipal Energy Loan Program
(a) Authority. The Department of Buildings and General Services is authorized to provide financing to municipalities through the Municipal Energy Loan Program for equipment replacement, studies, weatherization, construction of improvements affecting the use of energy resources, the implementation of energy efficiency and conservation measures, and the use of renewable resources.
(b) Loan eligibility and criteria. The Commissioner shall establish for the Program described in subsection (a) of this section:
(1) criteria to determine eligibility for funding, including repayment terms;
(2) a priority basis for the selection process that ensures equitable allocation of funds to municipalities, considering at least financial need, geographic distribution, and ability to repay; and
(3) loan conditions that ensure accountability by a municipality receiving funds.
(c) Definitions. As used in this section:
(1) “Energy efficiency improvement” has the same meaning as in section 168 of this title.
(2) “Covered municipality” means a city, town, fire district or incorporated village, and all other governmental incorporated units except for school districts.
(3) “Renewables” has the same meaning as in 30 V.S.A. § 8002.
(4) “Resource conservation measures” has the same meaning as in section 168 of this title. (Added 2021, No. 172 (Adj. Sess.), § 5, eff. July 1, 2022.)