The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 1354. Article IV; The State Council
(a) The Vermont State Council for Interstate Adult Offender Supervision is created. The State Council shall consist of six members:
(1) one member of the House of Representatives, who shall be appointed by the Speaker, and one member of the Senate, who shall be appointed by the Committee on Committees;
(2) one representative of the Judicial Branch appointed by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court;
(3) one representative of the Executive Branch appointed by the Governor;
(4) one representative of a victims group appointed by the Governor; and
(5) one individual who in addition to serving as a member of the Council shall serve as the Compact Administrator for this State, appointed by the Governor after consultation with the General Assembly and the Supreme Court.
(b) The State Council shall appoint the Compact Administrator as the Vermont commissioner to the Interstate Commission. The Vermont commissioner shall serve on the Interstate Commission in such capacity under or pursuant to applicable law of this State.
(c) The State Council shall exercise oversight and advocacy concerning its participation in Interstate Commission activities and other duties as may be determined by the State Council, including development of policy concerning operations and procedures of the compact within this State. (Added 1999, No. 90 (Adj. Sess.), § 3, eff. April 27, 2000; amended 2017, No. 190 (Adj. Sess.), § 28, eff. May 28, 2018.)