The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 003 : PROTECTION OF TENANTS IN CONVERSION OF MOBILE HOME PARKS(Cite as: 27 V.S.A. § 1351)
§ 1351. Definitions
As used in this subchapter:
(1) "Association" means all of the site owners acting as a group in accordance with the bylaws and declaration.
(2) "Convert," "conversion," or "converted" means a change in character of a mobile home park from a rental to a common interest ownership basis. A condominium or similar arrangement shall be deemed to be such a change in character of ownership. However, "conversion" does not include the creation of a cooperative housing corporation, pursuant to 11 V.S.A. chapter 14.
(3) "Dealer" means a person in the business of selling sites for his or her own account.
(4) "Declarant" means any person who offers for transfer the ownership interest in a mobile home park to a condominium or similar arrangement.
(5) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of the department of housing and community affairs.
(6) "Election period" means the six-month period which begins with the declarant's submission of notice of intent to convert a mobile home park under section 1353 of this subchapter.
(7) "Leaseholder" means a person who has a leasehold interest derived from the declarant or any site purchaser in a site in a mobile home park to be converted pursuant to this subchapter.
(8) "Mobile home park" means a mobile home park as defined under 10 V.S.A. § 6201(2).
(9) "Nonpurchasing leaseholder" means a leaseholder who has elected not to purchase a site in a mobile home park to be converted pursuant to this subchapter.
(10) "Purchasing leaseholder" means a leaseholder who has elected to purchase a site in a mobile home park to be converted pursuant to this subchapter.
(11) "Site" means the spatial location occupied or to be occupied by a mobile home, including all utilities and amenities appurtenant to the location such as piping, wiring, plants, platforms or supports, lights, walls, and all other improvements but not including the land on which the site is located.
(12) "Site purchaser" means the purchaser of a site from a declarant under this subchapter. A site purchaser may be a purchasing leaseholder or other purchaser of the site.
(13) "Tenant" means a person who has a present possessory interest derived from the leaseholder in a site in a mobile home park to be converted pursuant to this subchapter; any person who leases a mobile home located on the site from the declarant shall be considered a tenant. (Added 1993, No. 97, § 1.)