The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : CONDOMINIUM OWNERSHIP(Cite as: 27 V.S.A. § 1319)
§ 1319. Contents of bylaws
(a) The bylaws may provide for the following:
(1) The election from among the apartment or site owners of a board of directors, the number of persons constituting it, and that the terms of at least one-third of the directors shall expire annually; the powers and duties of the board; the compensation, if any, of the directors; the method of removal from office of directors; and whether or not the board may engage the services of a manager or managing agent.
(2) Method of calling meetings of the apartment or site owners; what percentage, if other than a majority, of apartment or site owners shall constitute a quorum.
(3) Election of a president from among the board of directors who shall preside over the meetings of the board of directors and of the association of owners.
(4) Election of a secretary who shall keep the minute book wherein resolutions shall be recorded.
(5) Election of a treasurer who shall keep the financial records and books of account, and shall report annually to owners.
(6) Maintenance, repair, and replacement of the common areas and facilities and payments therefor, including the method of approving payment vouchers.
(7) Manner of collecting from the apartment or site owners their share of the common expenses.
(8) Authority over personnel necessary for the maintenance, repair and replacement of the common areas and facilities.
(9) Method of adopting and of amending administrative rules and regulations governing the details of the operation and use of the common areas and facilities.
(10) Such restrictions on and requirements respecting the use and maintenance of the apartments or sites and the use of the common areas and facilities, not set forth in the declaration, as are designed to prevent unreasonable interference with the use of their respective apartments or sites and of the common areas and facilities by the several apartment or site owners.
(11) The percentage of votes required to amend the bylaws.
(12) Other provisions considered necessary for the administration of the property consistent with this chapter.
(b) In the case of a mobile home park condominium of more than three units, the bylaws shall provide that no member or site owner shall have more than 30 percent of the aggregate association vote. (Added 1967, No. 228 (Adj. Sess.), § 19, eff. Jan. 23, 1968; amended 1993, No. 97, § 2; 1993, No. 141 (Adj. Sess.), § 19, eff. May 6, 1994.)