The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : CONDOMINIUM OWNERSHIP(Cite as: 27 V.S.A. § 1311)
§ 1311. Contents of declaration
The declaration shall contain the following particulars:
(1) Description of the land on which the building or sites and improvements are or are to be located.
(2) In the case of a building, a description of the building, stating the number of stories and basements, the number of apartments and the principal materials of which it is or is to be constructed; in the case of a mobile home park, a description of the entire property, stating the number of sites, the utilities and amenities provided to the several sites, the principal materials of which the mobile home foundations, walks, drives, and streets are or are to be constructed, and any buildings on the property.
(3) The apartment number of each apartment or site, and a statement of its location, approximate area, number of rooms in the case of an apartment, and immediate common area to which it has access, and any other data necessary for its proper identification.
(4) Description of the common areas and facilities.
(5) Description of the limited common areas and facilities, if any, stating to which apartments or sites their use is reserved.
(6) Value of the property and of each apartment or site, and the percentage of undivided interest in the common areas and facilities appertaining to each apartment or site and its owner for all purposes, including voting.
(7) Statement of the purposes for which each building and each of the apartments or sites are intended and restricted as to use.
(8) The name of a person to receive service of process in the cases herein provided, together with his or her residence or place of business which shall be within the city or county where the property is located.
(9) Provision as to the percentage of votes by the apartment or site owners which shall be determinative of whether to rebuild, repair, restore, or sell the property in the event of damage or destruction of all or part of the property.
(10) Any further details in connection with the property which the person executing the declaration may consider desirable to set forth consistent with this chapter.
(11) The method by which the declaration may be amended, consistent with this chapter.
(12) Reference to recorded floor plan in the case of a building or site plan in the case of a mobile home park, and recorded lot plan. (Added 1967, No. 228 (Adj. Sess.), § 11, eff. Jan. 23, 1968; amended 1993, No. 97, § 2.)