The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
Subchapter 008 : Uniform Real Property Electronic Recording Act(Cite as: 27 V.S.A. § 624)
§ 624. Recording of documents
(a) In this section, “paper document” means a document that is received by the recorder in a form that is not electronic.
(b) A recorder:
(1) who implements any of the functions listed in this section shall do so in compliance with the most recent standards and best practices;
(2) may receive, index, store, transmit, and preserve electronic documents;
(3) may provide for access to, and for search and retrieval of, documents and information by electronic means;
(4) who accepts electronic documents for recording shall continue to accept paper documents as authorized by State law and shall place entries for both types of documents in the same index;
(5) may convert paper documents accepted for recording into electronic form;
(6) may convert into electronic form information recorded before the recorder began to record electronic documents;
(7) may accept electronically any fee the recorder is authorized to collect; and
(8) may agree with other officials of this State or a political subdivision thereof, or of the United States, on procedures or processes to facilitate the electronic satisfaction of prior approvals and conditions precedent to recording and the electronic payment of fees. (Added 2021, No. 171 (Adj. Sess.), § 2, eff. July 1, 2022.)