The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 4803. Director; duties
(a) The Director shall:
(1) Provide general information to applicants for racing permits.
(2) Explain appeal procedures to permittees and applicants and complaint procedures to the public.
(3) Administer fees as established by law.
(4) Receive applications for permits, administer inspections of tracks, provide permits to applicants qualified under this chapter, and renew, revoke, and reinstate permits as ordered by an administrative law officer.
(5) Refer all disciplinary matters to an administrative law officer.
(b) The Director may adopt rules necessary to perform his or her duties under this chapter and shall establish safety standards for protection of the public pursuant to the provisions of this chapter. The Director shall seek the advice of the advisor appointees in drafting and adopting those rules. (Added 2005, No. 27, § 116.)