The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 4801. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Director" means the Director of the Office of Professional Regulation.
(2) "Disciplinary action" means an action by an administrative law officer appointed under 3 V.S.A. § 129 premised upon a finding of wrongdoing. It also means a sanction of any kind, including denying, suspending, or revoking a permit or license, issuing warnings, and other sanctions.
(3) "Motor vehicle" means a land vehicle propelled or drawn by power other than muscular power, including an automobile; midget, sprint, or stock car; go-cart; all-terrain vehicle; motorcycle; and snowmobile.
(4) "Municipality" means a town, city, or village.
(5) "Office" means the Office of Professional Regulation.
(6) "Permittee" means the permit holder.
(7) "Race" means a race, scramble, demolition derby, or contest involving a motor vehicle as defined in this section at which prizes or other consideration is awarded to participants or admission is charged to spectators. However, this subdivision shall not apply to sports car events as defined in subdivision (11) of this section.
(8) "Regulation," unless otherwise specified, means a regulation or rule or amendment, revision, or repeal of a regulation or rule adopted by the commission.
(9) "Scramble" means a motorcycle race on a prescribed course over rugged terrain, usually a half-mile or more in length.
(10) "Selectboard" includes the mayor and board of aldermen or city council of a city, or the trustees of a village.
(11) A "sports car event" is an event in which one motor vehicle at a time competes over a defined course against a set standard and includes standards as to time, distance, and performance, including rallies, gymkhanas, autocrosses, hill climbs, and performance trials. (Added 2005, No. 27, § 116.)