The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 4404. Director; duties
(a) The Director shall have the following duties:
(1) provide general information to applicants for licensure as electrologists;
(2) explain appeal procedures to licensed electrologists and applicants and complaint procedures to the public;
(3) administer fees established by law;
(4) receive applications for licensure, issue licensure to applicants qualified under this chapter, deny or renew licenses, and issue, revoke, suspend, condition, and reinstate licenses as ordered by an administrative law officer;
(5) refer complaints and disciplinary matters to an administrative law officer.
(b) The Director may inspect electrology offices used for the practice of electrology. A fee shall not be charged for inspections under this subsection.
(c) The Director, after consultation with the advisor appointees, may adopt rules necessary to perform the Director’s duties under this chapter.
(d) The Director shall adopt rules regulating a special license endorsement that shall authorize an electrologist to use lasers for hair removal. These rules shall require an electrologist to complete a comprehensive laser hair removal course satisfactorily in order to obtain this special license endorsement. (Added 1999, No. 133 (Adj. Sess.), § 46, eff. Jan. 1, 2001; amended 2001, No. 129 (Adj. Sess.), § 38, eff. June 13, 2002; 2005, No. 27, § 103; 2013, No. 138 (Adj. Sess.), § 50; 2019, No. 178 (Adj. Sess.), § 23, eff. Oct. 1, 2020.)