The Vermont Statutes Online
Title 26 : Professions and Occupations
Chapter 078 : ROSTER OF PSYCHOTHERAPISTS WHO ARE NONLICENSED AND NONCERTIFIED(Cite as: 26 V.S.A. § 4093)
§ 4093. Unprofessional conduct
(a) Unprofessional conduct means the following conduct and conduct set forth in 3 V.S.A. § 129a:
(1) Providing fraudulent or deceptive information in an application for entry on the Roster.
(2) Conviction of a crime that evinces an unfitness to practice psychotherapy.
(3) Unauthorized use of a protected title in professional activity.
(4) Conduct that evidences moral unfitness to practice psychotherapy.
(5) Engaging in any sexual conduct with a client, or with the immediate family member of a client, with whom the psychotherapist has had a professional relationship within the previous two years.
(6) Harassing, intimidating, or abusing a client.
(7) Entering into an additional relationship with a client, supervisee, research participant, or student that might impair the psychotherapist’s objectivity or otherwise interfere with his or her professional obligations.
(8) Practicing outside or beyond a psychotherapist’s area of training, experience, or competence without appropriate supervision.
(b) After hearing, and upon a finding of unprofessional conduct, the Board may take disciplinary action against a rostered psychotherapist or an applicant. (Added 1993, No. 222 (Adj. Sess.), § 17; amended 1997, No. 40, § 71; 1997, No. 145 (Adj. Sess.), § 61; 1999, No. 52, § 37.)