The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 4051. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Certified psychoanalyst" means a person who is certified under this chapter.
(2) "Director" means the Director of the Office of Professional Regulation.
(3) "Disciplinary action" includes any action taken by the Director or an administrative law officer appointed pursuant to 3 V.S.A. § 129(j) against a certified psychoanalyst or an applicant on a finding of unprofessional conduct by the certified psychoanalyst or applicant. It includes all sanctions of any kind, refusing to certify a person as a psychoanalyst or to renew a certification, suspension or revocation of the person's certification, issuing warnings, and other such limitations.
(4) "National psychoanalytic association" means a national professional organization of psychoanalysts that conducts onsite visits of psychoanalytic institutes applying for association membership. National psychoanalytic associations also provide direction and leadership for psychoanalytic practice, education, and research within a specific school of thought.
(5) "Psychoanalytic services" means therapeutic services that are based on an understanding of the unconscious and how unconscious processes affect the human mind as a whole, including actions, thoughts, perceptions, and emotions. Psychoanalytic services are provided by individuals who have:
(A) undergone a personal analysis by a psychoanalyst who has been approved by a psychoanalytic training institute; and
(B) met all of the certification or certification exemption requirements of this chapter. (Added 1993, No. 222 (Adj. Sess.), § 15; amended 1997, No. 40, § 45.)