The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 3381. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics" means the national professional organization of dietitians that provides direction and leadership for quality dietetic practice, education, and research.
(2) "Certified dietitian" means a person who is certified to practice dietetics under this chapter.
(3) "Commission on Dietetic Registration" means the Commission on Dietetic Registration that is a member of the National Commission for Certifying Agencies.
(4) "Dietetics" means advising and assisting individuals or groups on appropriate dietary intake by integrating information from the individual or group assessment with information of food and other sources of nutrients and meal preparation.
(5) "Director" means the Director of the Office of Professional Regulation.
(6) "Disciplinary action" means any action taken by an administrative law officer established under 3 V.S.A. § 129(j) against a certified dietitian or an applicant. It includes all sanctions of any kind, refusal to grant or renew certification, suspension or revocation of certification, issuing warnings, and other similar sanctions. (Added 1993, No. 103, § 1; amended 1997, No. 40, § 49; 2011, No. 116 (Adj. Sess.), § 55.)