The Vermont Statutes Online
The statutes were updated in November, 2018, and contain all actions of the
2018 legislative session.
Subchapter 003 : LICENSING(Cite as: 26 V.S.A. § 3175b)
§ 3175b. Guard dog training instructor license
(a) An applicant for a license to provide guard dog services shall demonstrate to the board competence in the handling of guard dogs in a guard dog training program approved by the board and taught by an instructor currently licensed under this section.
(b) The board shall not issue a license as a guard dog training program instructor without first obtaining and approving all of the following:
(1) The application filed in the proper form.
(2) The application fee set forth in section 3178 of this title.
(3) Evidence that the applicant has obtained the age of majority.
(4) A copy of the applicant's training program.
(5) Proof of certification as an instructor from an instructor's course approved by the board.
(6) A federal background check. (Added 2009, No. 103 (Adj. Sess.), § 32.)