The Vermont Statutes Online
The statutes were updated in November, 2018, and contain all actions of the
2018 legislative session.
Subchapter 003 : LICENSING(Cite as: 26 V.S.A. § 3175a)
§ 3175a. Firearms instructor licensure; program of instruction
(a) The board shall license firearms training course instructors of private investigators and security guards licensed under this chapter and shall adopt rules governing the licensure of instructors and the approval of firearms and guard dog training programs.
(b) The board shall not issue a license as a firearms training program instructor without first obtaining and approving all of the following:
(1) The application filed in the proper form.
(2) The application fee established in subdivision 3178a(5)(A) of this title.
(3) Evidence that the applicant has obtained the age of majority.
(4) A copy of the applicant's training program.
(5) Proof of certification as an instructor from an instructor's course approved by the board.
(6) A federal background check.
(c) Instructors licensed under this section are subject to the same renewal requirements as others licensed under this chapter, and prior to renewal are required to show proof of current instructor licensure and pay the renewal fee established in subdivision 3178a(5)(B) of this title. (Added 1999, No. 133 (Adj. Sess.), § 28; amended 2001, No. 151 (Adj. Sess.), § 29, eff. June 27, 2002; 2009, No. 103 (Adj. Sess.), § 31.)