The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 2851. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) "ARRT" means the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or its successor, as recognized by the Board.
(2) "Board" means the State Board of Medical Practice established under chapter 23 of this title.
(3) "Contract" means a legally binding written agreement containing the terms of employment of a radiologist assistant.
(4) "Disciplinary action" means any action taken by the Board against a certified radiologist assistant or an applicant or an appeal of that action when that action suspends, revokes, limits, or conditions certification in any way or when it results in a reprimand of the person.
(5) "Protocol" means a detailed description of the duties and scope of practice delegated by a radiologist to a radiologist assistant.
(6) "Radiologist" means a person licensed to practice medicine or osteopathy under chapter 23 or 33 of this title and who is certified by or eligible for certification by the American Board of Radiology or the American Osteopathic Board of Radiology or their predecessors or successors or who is credentialed by a hospital to practice radiology and engages in the practice of radiology at that hospital full-time.
(7) "Radiologist assistant" means a person certified by the State of Vermont under this chapter who is qualified by education, training, experience, and personal character to provide medical services under the direction and supervision of a radiologist.
(8) "Supervision" means the direction and review by a supervising radiologist, as determined to be appropriate by the Board, of the medical services provided by the radiologist assistant. At a minimum, supervision shall mean that a radiologist is readily available for consultation and intervention. A radiologist assistant may provide services under the direction and review of more than one supervising radiologist during the course of his or her employment, subject to the limitations on his or her scope of practice as set forth in this chapter and the protocol filed under subsection 2853(b) of this title. (Added 2009, No. 103 (Adj. Sess.), § 19a, eff. May 12, 2010.)