The Vermont Statutes Online
The statutes were updated in November, 2018, and contain all actions of the
2018 legislative session.
Subchapter 002 : ADMINISTRATION(Cite as: 26 V.S.A. § 2661)
§ 2661. Director; duties
(a) The director shall:
(1) provide general information to applicants for licensure as opticians;
(2) explain appeal procedures to opticians and applicants and complaint procedures to the public;
(3) administer fees established by law;
(4) receive applications for licensure, issue licenses, to applicants qualified under this chapter, deny or renew licenses and issue, revoke, suspend, condition, and reinstate licenses as ordered by an administrative law officer;
(5) refer complaints and disciplinary matters to an administrative law officer.
(b) The director may, after consultation with the advisor appointees, adopt rules necessary to perform the director's duties under this chapter. (Added 1973, No. 174 (Adj. Sess.), § 4; amended 2001, No. 129 (Adj. Sess.), § 26, eff. June 13, 2002; 2005, No. 27, § 75; 2005, No. 148 (Adj. Sess.), § 25.)