The Vermont Statutes Online
The statutes were updated in November, 2018, and contain all actions of the
2018 legislative session.
Subchapter 001 : GENERAL PROVISIONS(Cite as: 26 V.S.A. § 2651)
§ 2651. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Director" means the director of the office of professional regulation.
(2) "Optician" is a person who is qualified and licensed under this chapter to interpret and fill prescriptions of ophthalmologists or optometrists for ophthalmic lenses or repair and reproduce previously prepared ophthalmic lenses and frames, prepare and deliver work orders to technicians engaged in grinding lenses and fabricate eyewear, verify the accuracy of ophthalmic lenses, and adjust and disperse lenses, specially fabricated optical devices, frames, and appurtenances.
(3) "Optometrist" means a person licensed under chapter 30 of this title.
(4) "Ophthalmologist" means a licensed physician who has had special training in the field of ophthalmology.
(5) "Registered optician trainee" means a person registered as an optician trainee under this chapter. (Added 1973, No. 174 (Adj. Sess.), § 4; amended 2005, No. 27, § 74; 2005, No. 148 (Adj. Sess.), § 24.)