The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : GENERAL PROVISIONS(Cite as: 26 V.S.A. § 2613)
§ 2613. Exemptions
(a) This chapter shall not affect or prevent:
(1) the practice of architecture, land surveying, engineering, or other licensed profession by persons not licensed under this chapter;
(2) drafters, clerks, project managers, superintendents, students, and other employees or interns from acting under the instructions, control, or supervision of their employers;
(3) the construction, alteration, or supervision of sites by contractors or superintendents employed by contractors or the preparation of shop drawings in connection with the construction, alteration, or supervision;
(4) owners or contractors from engaging persons who are not landscape architects to observe and supervise site construction of a project;
(5) the preparation of construction documents showing plantings, other horticulture-related elements, or landscape materials unrelated to horticulture;
(6) individuals from making plans, drawings, or specifications for any property owned by them and for their own personal use;
(7) the design of irrigation systems; and
(8) officers or employees of the federal government from working in connection with their employment.
(b) This section shall not be construed to permit a person not licensed as provided in this chapter to use the title landscape architect or any title, sign, card, or device to indicate that the person is a landscape architect.
(c) This chapter shall not be construed to limit or restrict in any manner the right of a practitioner of another profession or occupation from carrying on in the usual manner any of the functions of that profession or occupation as their experience, education, and training allow them to practice, including the professions of landscape design, garden design, planning, forestry, and forestry management. (Added 2009, No. 84 (Adj. Sess.), § 2.)