The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : GENERAL PROVISIONS(Cite as: 26 V.S.A. § 2611)
§ 2611. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Director" means the Director of the Office of Professional Regulation.
(2) "Disciplinary action" means any action taken against a licensed landscape architect for unprofessional conduct.
(3) "Landscape architect" means a person who complies with all provisions of this chapter and is licensed by the Director to engage in the practice of landscape architecture.
(4) "License" means an authorization granted by the Director to practice landscape architecture.
(5) "Practice of landscape architecture" means any service where landscape architectural education, training, experience, and the application of mathematical, physical, and social science principles are applied in consultation, evaluation, planning, and design, including the preparation and filing of drawings, plans, specifications, and other contract documents and the administration of contracts relative to projects principally directed at the functional and aesthetic development, use, or preservation of land that directly affects the health, safety, and welfare of the public. These services include the implementation of land development concepts and natural resource management plans through the design or grading of: land forms; on-site, surface, and storm water drainage; soil conservation and erosion control; small water features; pedestrian, bicycle, and local motor vehicular circulation systems; and related construction details. (Added 2009, No. 84 (Adj. Sess.), § 2.)