The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 002 : State Veterinary Board(Cite as: 26 V.S.A. § 2413)
§ 2413. Powers and duties
(a) The Board shall:
(1) Adopt rules under 3 V.S.A. chapter 25 necessary for the performance of its duties, ensuring that at least the following are established by statute or rule:
(A) a definition of the behavior for which a license is required;
(B) explanations of appeal and other significant rights given by law to licensees, applicants, and the public; and
(C) rules of practice in disciplinary cases, including provisions regarding representation and evidence at hearings and provisions regarding subpoenas and witness fees.
(2) Conduct any necessary hearings in connection with the issuance, renewal, suspension, or revocation of a license or otherwise related to the disciplining of a licensee.
(3) Receive complaints and charges of unprofessional conduct against any holder of a license. The Board shall investigate all complaints in which there are reasonable grounds to believe that unprofessional conduct has occurred.
(b) The Board may:
(1) with the approval of the Director of the Office of Professional Regulation, make contracts and arrangements for the performance of administrative and similar services required or appropriate in the performance of its duties;
(2) issue subpoenas and administer oaths in connection with any authorized investigation, hearing, or disciplinary proceeding;
(3) take or cause depositions to be taken as needed in any investigation, hearing, or proceeding;
(4) receive legal assistance from the Attorney General of the State. (Added 1981, No. 67, § 1; amended 1985, No. 158 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; 1989, No. 250 (Adj. Sess.), § 4(d).)