The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
Subchapter 001 : General Provisions(Cite as: 26 V.S.A. § 2402)
§ 2402. Prohibition; offenses
(a) No person shall:
(1) practice or attempt to practice veterinary medicine or hold himself or herself out as being able to do so in this State without first having obtained a license from the Board;
(2) use in connection with the person’s name any letters, words, or insignia indicating or implying that the person is a veterinarian unless the person is a graduate of a school of veterinary medicine;
(3) practice or attempt to practice veterinary medicine during license revocation or suspension;
(4) transfer a license to practice veterinary medicine; or
(5) violate any of the provisions of this chapter.
(b) A person who violates subdivision (a)(1), (2), or (3) of this section or who obtains a license by fraud or misrepresentation shall be subject to the penalties provided in 3 V.S.A. § 127(c). (Added 1981, No. 67, § 1; amended 2007, No. 29, § 34.)