The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 004 : SEXUAL ASSAULT NURSE EXAMINERS(Cite as: 26 V.S.A. § 1643)
§ 1643. Nursing assistant licensure by endorsement
(a) The Board may issue a license to practice as a nursing assistant to an applicant who:
(1) is licensed or registered in another U.S. jurisdiction; and
(2) has met the practice requirements set by the Board by rule.
(b) Except as otherwise provided by law, the Board shall issue a license to practice as a nursing assistant to an applicant who:
(1) is a service member or a veteran;
(2) has received designation by the U.S. Armed Forces as a 68W Combat Medic Specialist or equivalent; and
(3) is certified as a National Registry Emergency Medical Technician.
(c) As used in this section:
(1) "Service member" means an individual who is an active member of:
(A) the U.S. Armed Forces;
(B) a reserve component of the U.S. Armed Forces;
(C) the U.S. Coast Guard; or
(D) the National Guard of any state.
(2) "Veteran" means a former service member who received an honorable discharge or a general discharge under honorable conditions from active duty not more than two years prior to submitting an application for licensure. (Added 2015, No. 38, § 14, eff. May 28, 2015; amended 2017, No. 119 (Adj. Sess.), § 5.)