The Vermont Statutes Online
The statutes were updated in November, 2018, and contain all actions of the
2018 legislative session.
Subchapter 001 : GENERAL PROVISIONS(Cite as: 26 V.S.A. § 1584)
§ 1584. Prohibitions; offenses
(a) It shall be a violation of this chapter for any person, including any corporation, association, or individual, to:
(1) Sell or fraudulently obtain or furnish any nursing degree, diploma, certificate of registration, license, or any other related document or record, or to aid or abet therein;
(2) Practice nursing under cover of any degree, diploma, registration, license, or related document or record illegally or fraudulently obtained or signed or issued unlawfully or under fraudulent representation;
(3) Practice nursing unless duly registered and currently licensed to do so under the provisions of this chapter;
(4) Use in connection with a name any words, letters, signs, or figures which imply that a person is a registered or practical nurse or an advanced practice registered nurse when not authorized under this chapter;
(5) Practice nursing during the time a license issued under this chapter is suspended or revoked;
(6) Conduct a nursing education program unless the program has been approved by the Board;
(7) Employ unlicensed persons to practice registered nursing, practical nursing, or as a nursing assistant.
(b) Any person violating this section shall be subject to the penalties provided in 3 V.S.A. § 127.
(c) [Repealed.] (Added 1979, No. 192 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 1993, No. 201 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; 2005, No. 148 (Adj. Sess.), § 13; 2007, No. 29, § 27; 2011, No. 66, § 5, eff. June 1, 2011; 2017, No. 144 (Adj. Sess.), § 18.)