The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
Subchapter 001 : General Provisions(Cite as: 26 V.S.A. § 563)
§ 563. Exemptions
The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to the following:
(1) the rights and privileges of physicians licensed under the laws of this State.
(2) an unlicensed person from performing merely mechanical work upon inert matter in a dental office or laboratory.
(3) a dental student currently enrolled in a dental school or college accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association who:
(A) provides dental treatment under the supervision of a licensed dentist at a State hospital or under licensed instructors within a dental school, college, or dental department of a university recognized by the Board;
(B) serves as an intern in any hospital approved by the Board; or
(C) participates in a supervised externship program authorized by a dental school recognized by the Board in order to provide dental treatment under the direct supervision of a dentist licensed under the provisions of this chapter.
(4) upon prior application and approval by the Board, a student of a dental school or college accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association who provides dental treatment for purposes of clinical study under the direct supervision and instruction and in the office of a licensed dentist.
(5) a dentist licensed in another state from consulting with a dentist licensed under the provisions of this chapter. (Added 2011, No. 116 (Adj. Sess.), § 13.)