The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 002 : ADMINISTRATION(Cite as: 26 V.S.A. § 529)
§ 529. Powers; duties
(a) In addition to its other powers and duties, the Board shall:
(1) Provide general information to applicants.
(2) Explain appeal procedures to licensees and applicants and complaint procedures to the public.
(3) Conduct a competency evaluation where radiographic services are performed by licensees required to demonstrate competency under section 525 of this title to ensure that optimum radiologic technology practices are used to minimize patient and occupational radiation dose. The evaluation fee required under section 535 of this title shall not be assessed more than once in any two-year period against any licensee evaluated under this subdivision. The Director of the Office of Professional Regulation may contract with the Department of Health or others to perform evaluations under this subsection.
(b) The Board may adopt rules necessary for the performance of its duties, including:
(1) procedures for mandatory reporting of unsafe radiologic conditions or practices;
(2) procedures for continued competency evaluation;
(3) procedures for radiation safety;
(4) procedures for competency standards for license applications and renewals;
(5) rules relating to medical recordkeeping standards and release of medical records;
(6) rules establishing requirements for licensing chiropractors with five years' licensed experience in another jurisdiction of the United States or Canada. (Added 1991, No. 236 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 1999, No. 52, § 7; 1999, No. 133 (Adj. Sess.), § 9; 2009, No. 103 (Adj. Sess.), § 7.)