The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : General Provisions(Cite as: 26 V.S.A. § 523)
§ 523. Exemptions
The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to the following persons acting within the scope of their respective professional practices:
(1) A person licensed to practice medicine and surgery under chapter 23 of this title.
(2) A person licensed to practice osteopathic medicine under chapter 33 of this title.
(3) A physician assistant licensed or registered under chapter 31 of this title.
(4) A nurse licensed under chapter 28 of this title.
(5) A physical therapist licensed under chapter 38 of this title.
(6) A commissioned officer of the U.S. Armed Forces or Public Health Service when acting within the scope of his or her official duties.
(7) A nonresident licensed chiropractor who comes into the State to treat or to consult on a particular case in this State, to perform research, or to participate in or instruct regular or continuing education courses, provided he or she does not otherwise practice in this State. (Added 1991, No. 236 (Adj. Sess.), § 1.)