The Vermont Statutes Online
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
NOTE: The online version of the Vermont Statutes does NOT yet include the actions of the 2023 legislative session. The 2023 updates should be available by the end of October.
Subchapter 002 : LICENSURE(Cite as: 26 V.S.A. § 371)
§ 371. Eligibility
To be eligible for licensure as a podiatrist, an applicant must:
(1) be entitled to licensure without examination under section 372 of this title; or
(2) have attained the age of majority; and
(3) have received a diploma or certificate of graduation from an accredited school of podiatric medicine approved by the Board; and
(4) successfully complete all required steps of the examinations given by the National Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners, as set forth by the Board by rule; and
[Subdivision (5) effective 60 days after the adoption of the maintenance of licensure rule for podiatrists.]
(5) if the applicant has not engaged in practice as a podiatrist within the last three years, comply with the requirements for updating knowledge and skills as defined by Board rules. (Added 1985, No. 256 (Adj. Sess.), § 6, eff. June 30, 1986; amended 2011, No. 61, § 1, eff. June 2, 2011; 2019, No. 126 (Adj. Sess.), § 3.)