The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : GENERAL PROVISIONS(Cite as: 26 V.S.A. § 124)
§ 124. Construction; exemptions
(a) This chapter shall not be construed to affect or prevent:
(1) the practice of engineering by a professional engineer licensed under the laws of this state;
(2) the preparation of working drawings, details and shop drawings by persons other than architects for use in connection with the execution of their work;
(3) employees of those lawfully practicing as architects under the provisions of this chapter from acting under the instruction, control, or supervision of their employers;
(4) supervision by builders or superintendents employed by such builders, of the construction or structural alteration of buildings or structures;
(5) design and construction, and the provision of services related thereto, of the following if the structure is:
(A) a detached single, two-family, three-family, or four-family dwelling, or a shed, storage building, or garage incidental to that dwelling;
(B) a farm building, including barns, silos, sheds, or housing for farm equipment and machinery, livestock, poultry, or storage; or
(C) a pre-engineered building, or a building, plans for which have been stamped or sealed by a licensed professional in the appropriate field.
(b) The provisions of this section shall not be construed to permit any person not licensed as provided in this chapter to use the title architect, or any title, sign, card, or device to indicate that such person is an architect.
(c) This chapter shall not be construed to limit or restrict in any manner the right of a practitioner of another profession or occupation from carrying on in the usual manner any of the functions incidental to that profession or occupation. (Amended 1985, No. 248 (Adj. Sess.), § 1.)