The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : GENERAL PROVISIONS(Cite as: 26 V.S.A. § 121)
§ 121. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Architect" means a person who is licensed to practice architecture under this chapter.
(2) "Board" means the "Vermont board of architecture."
(3) "Disciplinary action" includes any action taken against a licensee by the board or on appeal from the board, when that action suspends, revokes, limits, or conditions a license in any way, and includes reprimands and dismissals.
(4) "Plans" or "working drawings" mean any drawings or graphic representations or any combination of drawings or graphic representations, or reproductions thereof, prepared for the purpose of illustrating proposed or intended designs for the construction, enlargement, or alteration of any building or project.
(5) The "practice of architecture" means providing professional services such as consultation, investigation, evaluation, planning, designing (including structural design), or responsible supervision of construction in connection with any building or structure which has as its principal purpose human occupancy or habitation.
(6) "Responsible control" means that amount of control over and detailed knowledge of the content of technical submissions during their preparation as is ordinarily exercised by licensed architects applying the required professional standard of care.
(7) "Supervision" means work prepared under the regular, personal review of a licensed architect's control and as to which the architect has detailed professional knowledge.
(8) "Technical submissions" means designs, drawings, specifications, studies, and other technical reports prepared in the course of executing a portion of a construction project. (Amended 1985, No. 248 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; 1999, No. 52, § 5a; 1999, No. 133 (Adj. Sess.), § 6.)