The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 705-6. Powers
(a) The District shall have the power and authority to:
(1) own, operate, maintain, improve, and extend:
(A) public water supply systems as provided by 24 V.S.A. chapter 89; and
(B) sewerage collection, treatment, and disposal systems as provided by 24 V.S.A. chapters 97 and 101;
(2) establish rates, charges, and fees for water service pursuant to 24 V.S.A. chapter 89, and for sewer service pursuant to 24 V.S.A. chapters 97 and 101.
(3) levy taxes upon its grand list and impose such assessments as allowed by law for any purpose for which it is authorized under this charter;
(4) hold, manage, purchase, and sell real estate, deposits, accounts, contract rights, investments, reserve funds, loan funds, and loan programs as it shall acquire from the Village of Waterbury or may otherwise acquire; and
(5) incur debt in the manner provided by general law for the purposes authorized under this charter.
(b) Extraterritorial water and sewer service may be provided under such terms as the Board of Utility Commissioners deems advisable. (Added 2017, No. M-19 (Adj. Sess.), § 3.)