The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 004 : FISCAL AFFAIRS(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 417, § 34)
§ 417-34. Preparation of budget
Annually, on or before December 15th, the Board of Supervisors shall approve and cause to be distributed to the legislative branch of each member municipality for review and comment a proposed budget of the District for the next fiscal year. Included with the proposed budget sent to each member municipality shall be the previous fiscal year's financial statement. This proposed budget shall include:
(1) Deficits or surpluses, or both, from prior fiscal years.
(2) Anticipated expenditures for the administration of the District.
(3) Anticipated expenditures for the operation and maintenance of any District facilities.
(4) Costs of debt service.
(5) Payments due on long-term contracts.
(6) Payments due to any sinking funds for the retirement of debts.
(7) Payments due to any capital reserve funds.
(8) Anticipated revenues from tipping fees and other sources, not including assessments levied on the member municipalities.
(9) The necessary appropriations to operate and carry out the District's functions for the next fiscal year.
(10) The proposed assessment, if any, to each member municipality.
(11) Such other estimates as the Board of Supervisors shall deem necessary to propose. (Amended 2011, No. M-11 (Adj. Sess.), § 2, eff. July 12, 2012.)