The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 015 : BUDGET AND TAXATION(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 269, § 1502)
§ 269-1502. Preparation and submission of budget and Village report
(a) The Village Manager, at least 60 days before the date of the annual Village meeting, shall submit to the trustees a budget which shall contain:
(1) A statement of the financial condition of the Village as of the end of the fiscal year and as of the date of submission of the budget.
(2) An itemized statement of appropriations recommended for current expenses and for capital improvements during the next fiscal year with comparative statements in parallel columns of appropriations and estimated expenditures for the current fiscal year and actual appropriations and expenditures for the preceding fiscal year.
(3) An itemized statement of estimated revenues from all sources, other than taxation, for the next fiscal year; a statement of estimated taxes required for the next fiscal year; and comparative figures of tax and other sources of revenue for the current and the preceding fiscal year.
(4) A statement of the short and long term indebtedness of the Village.
(5) A listing of delinquent taxpayers.
(6) Such other information as may be required by the Board of Trustees or law.
(b) The trustees' budget in its final form and the warning of the meeting shall be made available to the legal voters of the Village in an annual Village report at least 14 days prior to the annual Village meeting.