Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to subnav
Searching 2017-2018 Session

The Vermont Statutes Online

Title 24 Appendix : Municipal Charters


(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 261, § 29)
  • § 261-29. Damages; how fixed

    In any case where damage or compensation to owners of, and other person interested in, the water so taken, or such land as may be used for laying, extending, constructing, and maintaining the aqueduct, and for the reservoirs and appurtenances, is not adjusted by agreement or if the owner thereof be a minor, a person who lacks capacity to protect his or her interests due to a mental condition or psychiatric disability, or out of the State, or otherwise incapacitated to sell and convey, the same shall be fixed by the Board of Trustees after hearing of all parties interested, the hearing being had upon written notice of the time and place thereof, given at least ten days before the hearing, and the Trustees shall, within ten days after the hearing file their award in the town clerk's office in the town or towns where the property is situated, and cause the same to be recorded in the land records of the town or towns. (Added 1892, No. 114, § 29; amended 1933, No. 193, § 2; 2013, No. 96 (Adj. Sess.), § 173.)