Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to subnav
Searching 2017-2018 Session

The Vermont Statutes Online

Title 24 Appendix : Municipal Charters


Subchapter 010 : TAKING OF PROPERTY

(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 251, § 1002)
  • § 251-1002. Petition for appeal of compensation award

    When any person or corporation interested in any property or rights taken under this act shall be dissatisfied with the decision of said trustees as to the necessity for or extent of such taking, or with the award of damages, the person may petition the Bennington County Court for a rehearing in the premises, and any number of person aggrieved may join therein; but such petition shall not delay said Village or its Board of Trustees in taking possession and control of such waters, lands, or privileges, where such petition relates to the matter of damages only.

    Such petition shall be served on the Clerk of the Village within 60 days after the filing of the decision and award of the trustees, as hereinbefore provided, and at least 12 days before the term of Court to which it is made returnable; and such proceedings shall be had in said Court, on said petition, except as herein otherwise provided as are provided by sections 816 and 817 of Vermont Statutes, and the amendments thereof, relating to the taking of land for school purposes.